- Golfing: Ocean Isle Beach is ideally located for a golf vacation. Here golfers can stay closest to some of Myrtle Beach’s most requested courses. Local courses such as Thistle, The Pearl, Oyster Bay, Sea Trail, Heather Glen, and "The Big Cats Courses" including Tiger's Eye, Lion's Paw, Panther's Run, Leopard's Chase" and many more are located within a short fifteen minute drive. There are over 100 courses within a forty mile radius!
Thistle Golf Course in Sunset, NC
- The Ocean Isle Beach Pier: Located at 1 W 1st St. in OIB, the pier is a favorite spot of vacationers and locals alike. The Ocean Isle Beach Pier features a large game and arcade room with a breakfast and lunch grill serving up favorites such as pizza and cheeseburgers. Look for lunch specials during the summer months! A popular addition to the pier is Sunset Slush, selling classic Italian ices. Fishing fees are $8 per rod. Spectators are charged $1 for adults and 50¢ for children younger than 12. For more information call 910-579-3095.
- Museum of Coastal Carolina: A visit to the Museum of Coastal Carolina is a treat for all ages. With interactive programs and exhibits on coastal reefs, marine life and even sharks, the whole family will have a blast! The museum emphasizes all of the wildlife and marine life that can be found on the coastal area of North Carolina and hopes to educate visitors on how to preserve it. The museum provides fun activities like summer camps, touch tank feedings, beach bingo, and arts and crafts for kids!
- Ingram Planetarium: Interested in Science? Head to Ingram Planetarium in Sunset Beach and check out all they have to offer! The planetarium offers a state of the art Sky Theater showing live star shows and laser light shows set to Pink Floyd, The Beatles, U2, the Best of Country Music, and Metallica. They also have a Hurricane Simulator, step inside and experience what it’s like to be inside of a real hurricane with winds ups to 78 mph. There are lots of exhibits to teach everyone, young and old, about space and our solar system. The best part about Ingram Planetarium—it’s all free!
- The North Carolina Oyster Festival: 2018 will mark the 38th anniversary of the festival, always held in October, and hosted by the Brunswick County Chamber of Commerce. Awarded North Carolina Event of the Year by the North Carolina Association of Festivals and Events, the North Carolina Oyster Festival generally features: Live entertainment, a road race, a surf contest, kids area, over 120 arts & crafts vendors and 13 food vendors, North Carolina Oyster Shucking Championships and an Oyster Stew Cook-off.
- Turtle Watching: The Ocean Isle Beach Sea Turtle Protection Organization (OIBSTPO) is an all-volunteer organization dedicated to the survival of sea turtle species. Nesting is from May through August each year. We welcome visitors to each nest during the hatching season to observe the hatchlings emerging from their nest and making a “mad dash” to the ocean. During the summer months (Memorial Day through Labor Day) we offer educational programs at the Museum of Coastal Carolina and the OIB Community Center.
- Free Summer Concerts: What’s better than an outdoor concert? A FREE outdoor concert! All summer long, all over Brunswick County there are great bands playing free shows featuring the best in beach music, rock n’ roll, Motown, country, oldies, and shag! All you have to do is show up! You can find out the schedules, the locations, and the band playing on the Coastal NC websites or by searching for Community Events on the Brunswick Parks website.
- Silver Coast Winery: Just minutes from the beach, Silver Coast Winery has been making its own wines and offering tours for over 10 years. Here you can enjoy a wine tasting of their award winning wines, tour the vineyard and production facilities, and browse the gift shop and art gallery.